A follow up on HP’s contract with the Israeli Ministry of Defence for the maintenance of the Basel system in checkpoints
Among other involvements in the occupation, HP Israel is the prime contractor of the Basel System, an automated biometric access control system, installed and maintained by HP in checkpoints throughout the occupied Palestinian territories. For more information, please visit Hewlett Packard page.
Earlier this month, Who Profits received an answer from the Israeli civil administration stating that Hewlett Packard (HP) prolonged its contract (which ended in the end of 2012) with the Israeli Ministry of Defence for the maintenance of the Basel system in checkpoints, until June 30 2013. The response further states that the contract will be extended until the end of 2013, after the Israeli state budget will be approved by the Israeli parliament – the Knesset.
Who Profits will continue to follow up on this issue.
- “Big Brother” in Jerusalem’s Old City: Israel’s Militarized Visual Surveillance System in Occupied East Jerusalem
- Agribusiness as Usual: Agricultural Technology and the Israeli Occupation
- Caterpillar Imports of Bulldozers to the Israeli Army Is on Hold
- Cisco's Involvement in the Israeli Occupation
- Danish Companies Provide Services in West Bank Settlements
- Elbit Systems' Complicity in the Assault on Gaza 2014
- Facts on the Ground: Heavy Engineering Machinery and the Israeli Occupation
- For Medicinal Purposes: The Israeli Military Sector and the Coronavirus Crisis
- Ford’s Sales to the Israeli Army
- Hewlett Packard (HP) And The Israeli Occupation
- Hewlett Packard Splits Into Two Separate Companies: Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc.
- HP Will Continue Maintaining the Basel System Until the End of 2015
- Infrastructures of Dispossession and Control: Transport Development in East Jerusalem
- Motorola Solutions to Provide Encrypted Smartphones to the Israeli Army
- Privatizing Security: Corporate Involvement in the Checkpoints
- Proven Effective: Crowd Control Weapons in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Signal Strength: Occupied: The Telecommunications Sector and the Israeli Occupation
- Technologies of Control: The Case of Hewlett Packard (HP)
- The Gendered Aspect of Israeli Checkpoints in the OPT
- The Israeli Ministry of Defense Expands HP’s Biometric System in Checkpoints
- Volvo Provides Buses Used as Mobile Interrogation Rooms by Israel's General Security Services
- حقائق على أرض الواقع: المعدّات الهندسيّة الثّقيلة والاحتلال الاسرائيلي
- في صيانة نظام "بيزيل" حتّى نهاية العام 2015 HP سوف تستمرّ شركة
- نجاعة مُثبتة: أسلحة السّيطرة على الجماهير في الأراضي الفلسطينيّة المُحتلَّة