A multinational engineering company specializing in water and waste-water systems.
Tahal Group International was contracted to develop the master plan for sewerage and wastewater reuse for Jerusalem. The master plan covers the western plant (Sorek-Refa’im), which serves the settlements of Givat Zeev and Beitar Illit in the occupied West Bank, as well as two plants, Homat Shmuel and Nabi Musa, that treat sewage from the eastern basin of Jerusalem.
The Eastern Sewage Treatment Plant (Nabi Musa) treats sewage from the northeastern neighborhoods of Jerusalem (including the settlement neighborhoods of Neve Ya’akov and Pisgat Ze’ev) as well as the settlements of Ma’aleh Adumim, Ma’aleh Adumin Industrial Zone, Adam, Anatot, and Mitzpeh Yericho. The treatment plant was built in the area of Nabi Mussa in the Jordan Valley in the occupied West Bank, on a 200 dunam plot to be used for aerated lagoons. According to Tahal’s design, the plant will have the potential to treat sewage from the Og basin and from the Kidron Valley. The Eastern Plant will replace the Og Reservoir, located near the Dead Sea, which is temporarily being used as a sewage treatment plant. The reservoir will continue to be used as a reservoir for treated effluent used in irrigation within agricultural settlements in the occupied Jordan Valley.
The company was also contracted by the Association of Towns in the Ayalon Region, located between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, to dispose and reclaim waste-water from the Ayalon Region. This purified waste-water will be used for irrigation of cotton, citrus, avocados, vineyards and industrial crops in the Ramla and Latrun areas, parts of which are located beyond the green line. During this project, a water reservoir was constructed in the Latrun Valley in the occupied Palestinian territory.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary Tahal Consulting Engineers, the company has carried out numerous sewage and water infrastructure projects in settlements of Givat Zeev, Maale Adumim, Nokdim and Beitar Illit in the occupied West Bank.
Between 1997 and 2018, it was contracted by the Israeli Ministry of Housing and Construction to carry out several water and sewage infrastructure projects in Beitar Illit for the total sum of 1,433,761 NIS. Its most recent contract is valid until 2023.
In Maale Adumim, the company has multiple infrastructure planning contracts, some of them in connection with the planning of new housing projects in the settlement. In Nokdim, it has a 125,055 NIS water and sewage planning project.
In occupied East Jerusalem, Tahal Consulting Engineers carried out projects in the settlement neighborhoods of Neve Yaakov and Har Homa (Homat Shmuel). In 2012-2018, it was contracted to carry out a sewage planning project in Neve Yaakov. The contracts are in connection with the marketing of 394 housing units and are valued at 226,459 NIS. In 2007-2018, it was contracted to perform sewage infrastructure works in Har Homa for 193,469 NIS.
In 2015, company subsidiary Tahal-Leitersdorf (50%) was contracted for preliminary planning works for the construction of Hiran, a new Jewish-only town to be built on the ruins of the Palestinian Bedouin village of Umm al-Hiran in the Naqab (Negev) region within the Green Line. The contract is valued at 941,773 NIS and is valid until 2021.
Tahal was also contracted by the Israeli Ministry of Defense to build roads and Infrastructural works for the Zikkim military base in a 15 million USD project. In the early 2000s, it took part in the planning of Nachshonim military base.
In 2007, Tahal Consulting Engineers was also contracted by the Israeli government to carry out water planning as part of the Peace Talks with the Palestinian Authority. In 2005-2010, it was contracted to perform water systems coordination work for the so-called Disengagement Plan, under which Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip were evacuated and Israeli forces withdrew from Gaza. Israeli withdrawal was immediately followed by the imposition of a full Israeli military blockade on Gaza.
Tahal Group International is 98.43% owned by Kardan N.V., a Dutch holding corporation publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam (KARD) and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (KRNV).
In 2017, Kardan reported it is negotiating the sale of its holdings in Tahal.
CEO: Saar Bracha
Tahal Group B.V. (Netherlands) (100%), Tahal Group Assets B.V. (Netherlands) (100%), Tahal Consulting Engineers Ltd. (Israel) (100%), Water Planning for Israel Ltd. (Israel) (99.99%), Sitahal ‘Hagal’ (Talia) Partnership (Israel) (100%), Palgey Maim Ltd. (Israel) (55.5%), Fideco DOO (Serbia) (100%), Tahal Angola Ltd. (Angola) (70%), Tahal Consulting Engineers India Pvt. Ltd. (India) (100%), Evergreen for Development B.V. (Netherlands), Tahal Romania Ltd. (Romania) (100%), Tahal Russ (Russia) (100%), Sterna B.V. (Netherlands) (91.3%), TMNG Ltd. (Israel) (65%), Task Water B.V. (Netherlands) (100%), Agri Products N.V. (Netherlands) (51%), Food-Yard Holding JSC (Bulgaria) (87.6%), Mast Foods S.A. (Greece) (60.7%)
Clients include the Israeli Ministry of Construction and Housing, Hagihon Company Ltd. – Jerusalem Area’s Water and Wastewater Utility, Mekorot – Israel’s National Water Company and governmental and municipal bodies worldwide.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Mon 20/08/2018
- ABB Group
- Adanim Tea Company (1991)
- Agrexco Carmel Agricultural Export Company
- All Trade Recycling
- B.D.T.H Israel Solar Energy Ltd.
- Bickel Group
- Clal Sun
- Compost Or
- Dekel Acher Construction and Investments
- EffiSolar Enterprises Inc.
- Energix Group
- Enerpoint Israel
- Enlight Renewable Energy
- General Electric
- Herzel Bibi – Nitsat HaDuvdevan
- Kardan NV
- Minrav Group
- Nextcom Group
- Tal El Collection and Recycling
- The Trendlines Group
- Trendlines Agtech – Mofet
- Yamit Filtration and Water Treatment (Formerly: Yamit E.L.I.)
- Actuonix Motion Devices
- Afcon Holdings
- Ahdut Factory for Tehina Halva and Sweets (Ahdut – Achva)
- AM General
- Atlas Copco
- Avidar Security Services
- B.G. Ilanit Gates and Urban Elements
- Bardarian Brothers
- Beit Alpha Technologies (B.A.T)
- BlueBird Aero Systems
- Bobcat Company
- C. Mer Group
- Carmor (Formerly: Hatehof)
- Cisco systems
- Colmobil Corporation
- Combined Systems (CSI)
- Comodan Far East
- Contact International (Kalia Israel Ammunition Co.)
- Controp Precision Technologies
- Danya Cebus
- Delek Israel Fuel
- Dexia Israel (formerly: Local Municipality Treasure Bank)
- DJI – DaJiang Innovation Technology Company
- El Go Team
- El-Far Electronics Systems
- Elbit Systems
- Eli Yohanan Engineers
- Eltal Technologistics
- Elyakim Ben Ari
- F.K. Generators and Equipment
- Ford Motor Company
- G1 Secure Solutions (formerly G4S Israel)
- General Motors Company
- Gilat Satellite Networks
- Greenkote Plc (Summet Hitech Coatings)
- Hot Mobile (formerly: Mirs Communications)
- Hot Telecommunication Systems
- Housing and Construction – Solel Boneh Infrastructures (formerly Solel Boneh)
- Housing and Construction Holding Co.
- I.R.P.C. Rubber Products Co.
- JCB (J. C. Bamford Excavators)
- K-9 Solutions
- L-3 Communications
- Land Rover
- Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD)
- M.R. Hunter
- MAN Group
- Matrix IT
- Mayer’s Cars and Trucks
- MDT Armor
- MDT Protective Industries
- Merkavim Transportation Technologies
- Mifram Group
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- Motorola Solutions Israel
- mPrest Systems
- Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
- New Way Traffic
- Olenik Transportation Earth Work and Road Constructions
- Orkal Industries and Mechanization
- P.L.H. Lighting Engineering
- Partner Communications (formerly Orange)
- Paz Oil Company
- Phoenicia America-Israel (Flat Glass)
- Ral Electric Holdings (formerly: Adir Electric Boards)
- Reshef Security
- RT LTA Systems
- Shamir Salads
- Shamrad Electronics
- Stentofon Israel
- Supergum Industries
- Taavura Holdings
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Trima Israel Pharmaceutical Products – Maabarot
- Union Motors
- Y. Tzarfati Car and Metal Services
- Yahav Oranit
- Yechezkel Morad
- Yehuda Welded Mesh
- Adanim Tea Company (1991)
- B. Gaon Holdings
- CETCO Mineral Technology Group
- Deshen Hatzafon – Production and Marketing of Fertilizer
- Field Produce
- First Solar
- Gadot Agro (Merhav Agro)
- Gat Fertilizers
- Genesis Land Dates/N.S Water and maintenance services
- Green is us
- Hagihon Company
- Hai Dolev Holdings Ltd.
- Haifa Chemicals (Haifa Group)
- Kardan NV
- NaanDan Jain Irrigation
- Rivulis Irrigation
- Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies
- Tamar Hazahav