An Israel-based global provider of irrigation technologies.
In 2004, Netafim accompanied and contributed the equipment for an experiment on the effect of feeding canals on the yield and fruit size of lemons in the settlement on Masua in the Jordan Valley, occupied West Bank.
In 2009, Netafim provided irrigation technologies for an experiment in controlling the size of olive trees in the settlement of Geshur in the occupied Syrian Golan.
In 2012, the company provides irrigation technologies for the betterment of grapevines in a commercial crop of cabernet sauvignon grapes in the settlement of Dolev in the West Bank. The project is part of an agricultural experiment of the research and development institute in the Jordan Valley. Following this project, Netafim participated in a conference about growing grapevines in the mountain area that took place in the University of Ariel settlement in 2016.
In 2013-14, Netafim developed and provides irrigation technologies for watermelon crops in the settlement of Kalia in the Jordan Valley. Kalia cultivates approximately 1,500 dunam of watermelon and controls some 15% of the seedless watermelon market in Israel.
In 2014, the company provided irrigation technologies and services to the Mount Hebron settlement regional council and the settlement of Maskiot.
In 2014-7, Netafim provided products and developed irrigation technologies for researching the best irrigation method for growing Mejdool dates in the Jordan Valley, taking place in the settlement of Gilgal.
In 2019, a computerized Netafim drip irrigation and fertilization system was installed in blueberry fields in the occupied Syrian Golan.
In collaboration with the private Israeli company mPrest Systems, a partially-owned subsidiary (40%) of the state-owned military corporation Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Netafim developed a NetBeat™, a smart irrigation management platform. mPrest developed the command and control software used in Iron Dome, the Israeli military’s air defense system. The digital irrigation platform incorporates mPrest’s military technology, developed specifically for Iron Dome.
In 2018, Mexichem completed the acquisition of 80% of the company’s shares. The remaining shares (20%) are held by Kibbutz Hazerim through Netafim Holdings Hatzerim Cooperative Society for Drip Irrigation Ltd.
Mexichem is a publicly traded Mexican multinational corporation active in the sectors of infrastructure, agriculture, transportation, telecommunications and energy. Mexichem is publicly traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol of MEXCHEM*.
CEO: Ran Maidan
Netafim has 17 production plants and 29 subsidiaries based in Israel, Spain, Australia, India, USA and Latin America, and a presence in 110 countries.
mPrest, Bayer, International Finance Corporation, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, CalRecycle
Netafim coordinated the Pigaro project, an irrigation technology project funded by the European Union (2012- Sep. 2016). The European Union contributed EUR 5,999,987 to this EUR 8,036,698 project, funded under the FP7 program of the European commission.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Wed 24/07/2019
- Adanim Tea Company (1991)
- Amir Marketing and Investments in Agriculture
- B. Gaon Holdings
- CETCO Mineral Technology Group
- Deshen Hatzafon – Production and Marketing of Fertilizer
- First Solar
- Gadot Agro (Merhav Agro)
- Gat Fertilizers
- Genesis Land Dates/N.S Water and maintenance services
- Green is us
- Group 5 Security (Tzevet 5)
- Hagihon Company
- Hai Dolev Holdings Ltd.
- Haifa Chemicals (Haifa Group)
- Kardan NV
- Kedem Hadarim
- Mor Hasharon Fruit (Sharon Fruit)
- NaanDan Jain Irrigation
- Rivulis Irrigation
- Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies
- Tahal Group International
- Tamar Hazahav
- Arza Winery T.R.Z. (Hayotzer Winery)
- Assaf Winery
- Bazelet Hagolan Winery
- Binyamina Winery
- Carmel Wineries
- Chateau Golan Winery
- Gat Shomron Winery
- Golan Heights Winery
- Gush Etzion Winery
- Jerusalem Wineries
- Pelter Winery
- Psagot Winery
- Ral Electric Holdings (formerly: Adir Electric Boards)
- Recanati Winery
- Shilo Winery
- Tabor Winery
- Tanya Winery
- Teperberg 1870
- The Central Bottling Company – CBC (Coca Cola Israel)
- Tishbi Estate Winery (Habaron Wine Cellars)