The company has built housing projects in multiple settlements through its subsidiary construction firm, Danya Cebus.
As a contractor, Danya Cebus has built Green Park project in Matityahu East in the settlement of Modi’in Illit and a housing project for Ya’asour in the settlement of Maale Adumim in the occupied West Bank. In addition, Danya Cebus has built projects for the developer Heftziba in the Har Homa settlement neighborhood in East Jerusalem and in Ma’ale Adumim and Adam settlements next to Jerusalem, and was hired to complete some housing projects in these settlements after the developer Heftziba had gone out of business.
In October 2010, in an official letter to Who Profits, Africa-Israel stated: “Neither the company nor any of its subsidiaries and/or other companies controlled by the company are presently involved in or has any plans for future involvement in development, construction or building of real estate in settlements in the West Bank.” However, the company soon after received a 78 million shekel contract to construct the C-Jerusalem project in the settlement neighborhood of Gilo in East Jerusalem. The C-Jerusalem project includes 121 housing units and its construction was completed in 2014.
In 2013, while the construction of the C-Jerusalem project was progressing, the company made false claims to the Norwegian government. When the UK-based Business and Human Rights Resource Centre asked the company directly about the construction in Gilo, Africa Israel responded that, “we were surprised to learn that one can consider – Gilo Neighborhood, which is one of the well-established neighborhoods located in the heart of Jerusalem to be ‘a settlement in the occupied West Bank’ and find such a broad definition to be erroneous.”
In a statement to the Israeli Newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth on October 2014, Africa Israel announced that it will stop building in the occupied Palestinian territory including in settlements neighborhoods in East Jerusalem. However, there is no mention of this alleged policy change in any of the company’s official publications.
Additionally, company subsidiary P.L.H. Lighting Engineering supplies lighting poles to construction projects in the settlements. P.L.H. has provided 18 and 25 meter high lightning poles to the Jerusalem light rail, which connects the city center with the surrounding settlement neighborhoods. P.L.H lightning poles were also documented in A-Jib Checkpoint and along the entrance road to the settlement of Gush Etzion.
The C-Jerusalem Construction Site | 28 August 2013 | Gilo Settlement
A holding company controlled by Lev Leviev.
Africa Israel owns hundreds of subsidiaries in Israel and worldwide.
The company holds 81% of Danya Cebus and 37.5% of P.L.H. Lighting Engineering, through Africa Israel industries and Packer Plada. The company also owns the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza labels in Israel, Africa Israel Hotels (50%) and Negev Ceramics.
All the information contained in this page is valid until Thu 06/11/2014
- A. Hezi Building and Investment Co.
- A.M.S. Barzani Brothers
- ABB Group
- Ackerstein Industries
- Allied Holdings
- Amos Hadar Properties and Investments (Hadar Group)
- Amy Metom Engineers and Consultants
- Ashdar Building Company
- Ashtrom Group
- Avi Cranes
- B. Yair Building Corporation
- Barad Earth Development & Road Works
- Bardarian Brothers
- Ben Hasharon
- Benny & Tzvika
- Bnei Eli Etkes Surveying and Engineering Instruments Ltd
- Bobcat Company
- Boneich Construction Development & Investments
- Carmor (Formerly: Hatehof)
- CIM Lustigman
- Clal Sun
- CNH Industrial (Formerly CNH Global)
- Covenant Group
- Danya Cebus
- Dona Engineering and Construction
- Doosan Infracore Co. (formerly Daewoo Heavy Industries & Machinery)
- E.T. Legal Services
- Efco Equipment
- Einav Ahets
- Electra Construction
- Electra Infrastructure (Formerly Hofrey Hasharon)
- Elyakim Ben Ari
- Energix Group
- Enerpoint Israel
- First Solar
- Green is us
- H.Y.S. Nofei Israel (Israel View)
- Haim Zaken Construction and Investments
- Hanson Israel (formerly: Pioneer Concrete Israel)
- Hasid Brothers Building Contracting Co. Ltd
- Housing and Construction – Solel Boneh Infrastructures (formerly Solel Boneh)
- Housing and Construction Holding Co.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Isra Marin Manufacture of Structures 3000
- Itzkin Eyal Architects
- JA Solar Holdings
- Kfar Giladi Quarries
- Kiryat Sefer (Diur Modi’in)
- Kotler Adika Building Company
- Land of Choice Olive Oil (Meshek Achiya)
- Liebherr International
- M.G.A. Energy Solutions
- Medan – Roads and Quarries
- Meitarim Quarry
- Mordechai Aviv Construction Industries
- Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises
- Olenik Transportation Earth Work and Road Constructions
- P.L.H. Lighting Engineering
- Peretz Sela Civil Engineering
- PGR Drive Technologies
- Psagot Ziv Investment and Development (1993) Ltd.
- RE/MAX Holdings
- Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd. Group
- Reshef Security
- Rotshtein Real Estate
- S.A.G. (Velvel) Building & Development Ltd.
- Salit HaAdumim Quarry & Stone Processing Plant
- Sarfati Simon Ltd.
- Sasi Building Earth and Road Contractors
- Shachar and Co. Building and Engineering Company Ltd.
- SMA Solar Technology
- Taavura Holdings
- Terex Corporation
- The Metrontario Group
- Tishbi Estate Winery (Habaron Wine Cellars)
- Y.D. Barazani
- Yaaz Construction & Development
- Yatir Quarry
- Yechezkel Morad
- Yehuda Welded Mesh
- Z.M.H. Hammerman
- Zoko Enterprises (Zoko Shiluvim)