Mayer's Cars and Trucksמאיר חברה למכוניות ומשאיות
A vehicle and transportation company. The company is the major shareholder (73%) of Merkavim, which manufactures armored buses for the public transportation lines Egged operates to West Bank settlements. The other 27% of Merkavim are held by the Volvo Group.
Mayer's Cars and Trucks is the exclusive Israeli representative of the Volvo Group, including Volvo Construction Equipment and Volvo Trucks. Volvo bulldozers and trucks were seen used in demolitions of Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem and in the construction of military checkpoints and Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
Additionally, the company owns 35% of Kavim Public Transportation. In August 2012, Kavim had won a tender issued the Israeli ministry of transportation for supplying bus services to the city of Modi'in Illit in the West Bank. Kavim's activity also includes the operation of bus lines in the settlement of Beithar Illit, previously operated by Illit Transportation Lines
The company also operates two Volvo licensed garages in the West Bank: the Mayer Davidov Garages in the industrial zone of Mishor Edomim and the Diesel Atarot Jerusalem Garage in Atarot Industrial Zone. The company owns 50% of the Mayer Davidov Garages.
Owned by Israeli Kass (50%) and Yaakov and Nili Shahar (50%).
Importers and distributers of Volvo, Jaguar and Honda cars, Volvo, Renault and Mitsubishi trucks, and heavy machinery of Volvo, Honda and Atlas Copco (Sweden).
The company also owns Rent-A-Car, the Israeli representatives of Hertz.
Company subsidiaries include 73% of Merkavim Transportation Technologies (the other 27% are owned by Volvo Buses of the Volvo Group); Mayer Davidov Garages (50%); Kavim Public Transportation (35%); the controlling shares of Phoenix Insurance; and the soccer club of Maccabi Haifa.
50 Hamasger St.
Tel Aviv 61201
CORPORATIONS by tags